Thursday, April 1, 2010

Easter Bunny

Apparently, my mother forgot to ship my esteemed, annual Easter basket.

You might be wondering...Does marriage nullify one from receiving a goody-filled basket? Dalaney proposed this silly assumption too.

You see, that's the problem I've noticed about this whole marriage thing. People automatically assume that you no longer enjoy the simple things in life -- Easter baskets, week-long birthday celebrations, lavish Christmas presents.

For me -- the answer is a firm NO, marriage does not disqualify the innocent from celebrating holidays ideally. Traditions, people!


Well, at least until the marrieds have their own offspring. After a heated debate and analysis, this is the conclusion that we arrived at.

I'm not making any promises, but at that point in life, I will commit to reevaluating my expectations. Until then, however, I will continue to anticipate Cadbury creme-filled eggs and milk cartons of Whopper malted balls.

Don't fret about the quality of my 2010 Easter, though. Or place unfavorable judgement on Jenny Martin.

Begging for my forgiveness, she generously granted temporary spending privileges with her Wachovia debit card. So, Dalaney and I sped to Walmart Supercenter where we bought $18 worth of Reese's eggs, chocolate bunnies...you know, all of the Easter essentials.


Thanks skinny momma!

(Even Ryan understands...)

5 comments:

  1. This was hard for me too Hannah. Makes us realize how spoiled we have all been for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! And just because we're married doesn't mean we can't dress up on Halloween! I've had the hardest time convincing Mitch to have character coordinating costumes.. or costumes period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cat Play Glove is being held hostage until you update your blog. -HW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not believe that having kids nullifies any previous agreement in Easter/Christmas/happies from your parents. It should totally continue on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hannah shirley mecham.
    i am reentering the blogging world and so should you.
    just do it.
    like a bandaid.

    ReplyDelete