Sunday, September 12, 2010

Where in the world is Oprah?

Home of "The Winfrey Show"

We love NYC and would love it even more if we lived there, however, we have to confess that we're relieved to finally be GONE. Our stay was extended almost 2 days longer than we'd originally desired due to poor planning on my behalf. Now that we're settled and able to physically recoup in Chicago, our plans are 110% clearer and organized. With trial and error out of the way, we're confident about the remaining cities which OFFICIALLY stand as (in order as they appear): LA, Cancun, DC, SLC, San Juan, & Boston.

Relieved to have independent transportation after arriving in Chicago, we quickly caught the Advantage rental car shuttle. After asking for our confirmation number, the native Chicago employee asked "Would you like economy?"
Thinking nothing about their accents, I was bewildered.
"What is academy?"

"Economy."

"Academy???? Ohhhh...Economy. I get it."

And speaking of language barriers... Today, we attended a Spanish ward in Chicago, and I literally caught 3 words (familia, englasis, and nombre). I texted my mom, "Spanish ward today, I feel for Grandma and Gramps." But only until they learn the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment